5 min read
How to make a chatbot
March 19, 2021
You’ve taken the time to build a brilliant website for your business. Wouldn't it be great to reach out to visitors while they are on your website and showing interest?
Like many, you’ve come to the conclusion that a website chatbot is a great way to do this. You know the pros, the potential value, and the benefit of chatbots to both your customers and your team. That being said, chatbots may still seem like unfamiliar territory.
In reality, setting up a website chatbot is simple, straightforward, and worth every minute it takes. And, trust us, it should only take a few minutes. We reckon it won’t take you longer than 10 minutes to get started if you follow our lead. So, let’s go through how to build your chatbots together now.
How do I create a chatbot?
When you start to make your website chatbot you’ll want to think about what the ideal outcome will be.
What action do you want your website visitors to take when they engage with your chatbot?
Do you want your website visitors to more easily find what they are looking for on your website?
Do you want your chatbot to reach out to all your website visitors and allow them all to schedule meetings with your team?
Do you want prospects to book a demo with someone in your sales team at a time that suits them both?
Do you want your existing customers to be able to schedule a 30-minute check-in with their account manager?
Do you want your chatbot to qualify leads, and book meetings with prospects who meet your ideal customer criteria?
Do you want your website chatbot to collect data from leads such as name, email address, phone number, company size, and location?
Do you want to allow website visitors to sign up for a webinar or conference
Thinking about these outcomes will help you to create personalized and engaging chatbots for your website visitors.
Secondly, it’s important to think about the tone of your website chatbot. How do you want your chatbot to engage with visitors on your website?
These are some of the questions to think about when creating the tone of your chatbots.
- Is your chatbot friendly, conversational, helpful, witty, matter-of-fact, or supportive
- Does the tone of your chatbot match the tone of your business and website?
- Do chatbots on different pages of your website have different personalities, or are they consistent?
- Do you want it to be clear that your chatbot is not a live person, or is it okay to be ambiguous?
Giving your chatbot a personality can be a lot of fun. It also helps with creating a conversation that feels natural and comfortable to your website visitors.
How do I use a chatbot builder?
Chatbot builders can come in all shapes and sizes, but in our opinion, the simpler, the better. ChatOnce is a no-code conversational chatbot builder. You don’t need any fancy technical skills to be able to build the perfect chatbot in minutes.
ChatOnce uses conditional flows and routing to achieve your desired outcomes. You can choose what questions and answers you want to display to your website visitors, and create an intelligent conversation for them to follow.
Pro tips for making your first website chatbot
- Write down - in one simple sentence - the outcome you want to achieve through your chatbot
- Consider the people you want your chatbot to target and set up the audience in ChatOnce
- Draw a rough flowchart to understand the conversational paths, the conditions, and routing
- Use ChatOnce drag-and-drop chatbot builder to create your chatbot conversation
- Preview your chatbot and the various conversation paths in the ChatOnce builder
- Set up targeting rules for your chatbot and audiences
- Publish your chatbot to your website, and keep track of all the conversations and meetings scheduled through it
- Make easy edits to your live chatbot and audiences if and when necessary
It really is as easy as that. If you want to get fancier, there are many options available to you. You can create different audiences, targeting rules, and chatbots.
You can start by selecting an audience template from within ChatOnce, and edit these to your requirements, or you can create your own audiences from scratch.
You can select a chatbot template from a wide selection of templates in multiple industries, or again, start from scratch instead.
The opportunities for building your own ChatOnce chatbots are endless.
You can build lead capturing chatbots, lead qualification chatbots, customer service chatbots, meeting booking chatbots, informational chatbots, educational chatbots, or even chatbots to keep visitors entertained while they browse your wonderful website.
If you need more inspiration before creating your own, ChatOnce has various chatbot templates for you to start from, including:
- Basic booking chatbots
- B2B SaaS chatbots
- Digital services chatbots
- Financial services chatbots
- Professional services chatbots
- Healthcare chatbots
- Education chatbots
- E-Learning chatbots
- Consulting chatbots
- Coaching chatbots
- Recruitment/HR chatbots
- Fitness chatbots
- Lifestyle chatbots
If you don’t see your industry in the list, don’t panic. We’re always updating our templates, and are happy to hear from you about what examples you’d like us to add. It is possible to build chatbots to suit any scenario with ChatOnce.
Now that you know how to build your website chatbot, there should be nothing stopping you. To see how ChatOnce can help you to build intelligent and robust website chatbots, try it out now. Sign up for a free ChatOnce trial.