4 min read
January 26, 2022
What comes into your mind when you think of the term "lead capture"?
Well, most people might think that lead capture is just a way to collect contact information from visitors on your website. While this is true, the lead capture process is about much more than only collecting email addresses. Using lead capture tools you can turn website visitors into customers and grow your business.
A lead can be defined as an individual who may be interested in purchasing a product or service. Or, if you take into consideration that prospects are also leads since they might turn out to become customers too, the definition of lead gets bigger. A lead can thus simply be defined as someone who has an interest in your company and its products or services.
Leads can be generated in a lot of different ways. Which lead generation method you use depends on your target group and the industry you are in. For instance, a website for a web agency might target any kind of business owner who has problems with their current website and wants to optimize online visibility. Those types of individuals are more likely to be found on social media channels like Twitter, Google Plus or Facebook than via searching for "website optimization" on Google.
The importance of lead capture
Capturing leads is important because it provides you with a way to contact customers. With lead capture software, you can use the information customers enter through forms or bots on your website to send personalized follow up emails, newsletters and other types of offers.
Leads can also help you rank higher in search engine results since lead information is used by search engines to determine the content on your website. The more lead information your site contains, the more content it has; hence it will be easier for search engines to figure out what your website is about.
Common mistakes when it comes to lead capture
Ok, so you know that capturing leads is important in order to grow your business. However, people often mess up lead capture and as a result lose customers even though they might have had a great product or service.
In the following we will list the three most common mistakes that people make when it comes to the lead capture process: 1) Poor design, 2) Lack of lead capture, and, 3) Not knowing how to use the captured leads.
1) Poor design: A poorly designed form can be a real turn-off for website visitors since it doesn't look professional and can make them leave your site in no time. The colors, layout and the text used are all important since they affect the way users fill out the form. People won't take any effort to fill out a lead capture form if it's not nicely designed, so make sure it's simple but at the same time elegant.
2) Lack of lead capture: It might be obvious to you that you should have a lead capture tool on your site to make sure you turn visitors into customers. However, it might not be as obvious for other people which is why many websites don't have a method for capturing leads. It's really important to display and remind your visitors that they can fill out the form if they want to subscribe to your newsletter or receive a special offer.
3) Not knowing how to use the captured leads: Once you've set up lead capture software on your website and have people filling out the forms, it's important that you know what to do with this information. You can choose what to do with these contacts, but it's important not to spam them with useless information. Make sure your leads know who they are subscribing to by sending them information about you or your business in a personalized way.
Lead capture best practices and tactics
Capturing leads doesn't need to be challenging. On the contrary, there are tools out there which enable you to set up forms or chatbots on your website in a matter of minutes and with no hassle whatsoever.
This is how other top companies effectively capture leads.
- Create simple, but interesting forms
Make your forms detailed enough, but short enough to fill out within under 3 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a conversational chatbot to make the experience more personal.
Consider the order of questions. Ask for general information such as "Your name" and "Your role" before asking for more sensitive information such as "Your email address" and other personal information.
- Offer compelling rewards
Offer a compelling reward in exchange for lead information. For example, offer a free guide or complimentary add-ons if they submit their information.
- Target the right forms to the right audiences
Don’t offer every website visitor the same experience. Use targeted chatbots for specific audiences to personalize the experience.
The key to a successful lead capture form is to have a mix of elements that all work together. So if you want more leads, try implementing these strategies and see results for yourself.
Lead capture strategies
Lead capture strategies can be used to find leads who are interested in your product or service. They include incentives that would convince people to give you their information. By making use of these strategies, you can increase your chances of getting more leads by creating compelling forms or chatbots that are designed to capture attention and convert website visitors.
Increase your chances of capturing leads by implementing different elements that work together towards the same goal. If you want to capture leads effectively, then these strategies and tactics are a good place to start.