2 min read
OnceHub coronavirus business continuity plans
March 13, 2020
As the coronavirus continues to spread globally, we at OnceHub are taking various measures to protect the safety of our employees, and ensure that our services remain fully operational for all our customers and business partners.
As a precautionary measure, we have activated our Business Continuity Plan, and we have set out below the key measures that we have implemented.
While the future remains uncertain, at the moment its business as usual. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will respond further, if necessary, as the situation develops.
- Our employees are based in multiple locations around the world. We use hosted cloud services to run all aspects of our business, including the delivery of our products to our customers. Our employees connect to our work environment using secure company laptops over secure connections. As such, we have a significant degree of resiliency and redundancy built into our operating business model.
- Our employees in the USA, UK, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, and South Africa all work from home on a normal basis. We have managed offices available to our employees in India, and in response to the outbreak we have closed these, and instructed our Indian employees to work from home until further notice.
- Our third-party vendors provide automated technical and infrastructure services to us. We have conducted a risk assessment, and are confident that the virus outbreak will not adversely impact their ability to deliver their services to us.
- We are communicating with our employees on an ongoing basis, and advising them of the various measures and precautions that they should take to minimise the risk.
- We have restricted non essential travel for all our employees.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Steve Smith, Director of IT, Risk & Data Protection
Steve is our Data Protection Officer and legal counsel. He leads our risk management and internal IT departments, and defines our compliance processes and policies. He has over two decades experience as a solicitor, an IT systems designer, and as a risk and data privacy professional in the legal and insurance sectors. Steve is a qualified solicitor, and is CRISC and IAPP/E certified. In his spare time he enjoys cycling, travel, and fine wine.